Laser Tattoo Removal
At MTR we use the Medlite C6 Q-Switched laser to provide an effective tattoo removal solution. The Medlite is considered the gold standard in this area, and is used around the world as a leading tattoo removal machine.
There has been an array of tattoo removal techniques over the years, most of which required the damage of the outer layers of skin to try to remove the ink particles. Some of these invasive techniques included surgery, acid, dermabrasion and skin grafts. As you can imagine, an invasive treatment like this would take a long time to heal and often leave the skin with an ugly scar, usually worse than the tattoo itself.
Luckily over the last 40 years, there has been a gigantic leap forward in laser technology, and the Q-switched laser has revolutionised the tattoo removal process. These lasers work on the principle of selective photo-thermolysis, meaning that they selectively target the tattoo ink, without damaging any of the surrounding skin or tissue.
Laser tattoo removal is fast and effective, and has next to no chance of scarring.
The treatment process
Before your appointment
– Phone, email or SMS to book your appointment. We are open 11am to 7pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm Saturday.
– A reminder SMS will be sent to you the day before your appointment. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy, so please make sure you call us straight away if you need to make a chance.
– Make sure you don?t have a spray tan or too much sun exposure for the 7 days prior to your appointment.
During your appointment
– We will begin by numbing the skin using the Zimmer Chiller.
– You will be asked to wear some protective eye-wear throughout the process.
– Once the skin is cool enough, we will pass the laser over the area of the tattoo once. This part of the treatment is incredibly quick, often taking only a matter of seconds.
– Once we have passed the entire area with the laser, we will then continue to cool the area with the Zimmer Chiller until you are completely comfortable.
– We will then apply some Bepanthen antiseptic cream to the area, and apply a dressing.
After your appointment
– You may experience small pinpoint bleeding or scabbing, make sure you don’t pick that the area or expose it to too much direct sun.
– Follow the after care instructions given to you by your therapists, and if you have any problems don’t hesitate to call us to discuss.
– Make sure you book in for your next treatment, you will need to leave 6-8 weeks between appointments.