Frequently Asked Questions
How uncomfortable is tattoo removal?
- Tattoo removal is faster and less painful than getting a tattoo – if you could handle the tattoo, you will be fine with the removal. You will feel a stinging sensation like a rubber band flicking your skin but it will be gone in seconds.
- We use the Zimmer Chiller to cool the skin before, during and after the treatment to minimize discomfort or you can apply a numbing cream.
How many treatments will it take?
- Every tattoo, and every person is unique! It can take between 5 and 15 treatments to remove a tattoo, depending on many factors, including the quality of the tattoo, the depth and colour. When you visit MTR for your first visit we’ll be able to give you a better estimate based on your individual case.
- The sessions are spaced 6-8 weeks to allow the immune system enough time to maximise ink removal.
How soon can I have my tattoo removed?
- You can have a tattoo removed as soon as it has completely healed. A minimum period of 6 weeks is advised – even though it may appear healed after only 1 week!
Can the area be re-tattooed?
- Absolutely! Tattoo fading is very popular, and can help you to replace a tattoo, amend a tattoo or create space to improve on your current designs. We suggest you give the area at least 6 weeks following the removal so it is completely recovered.
Before & After
Case Study 1
Case Study 2
Case Study 3
Case Study 4
MTR Tatt Removal & Skin Rejuvenation
189-191 Balaclava Road
Caulfield North Vic 3161